[AZ-Observing] Good night at Antennas

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: SMTP <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:18:00 -0600

Howdy all;

Well, we had a good, but not great, night at the Antennas site last
night.  The breeze kept it cool and kept the seeing from calming down,
but I did get a good night of observing done with the 16 inch scope.  I
have pretty much caught up with the sky and started doing Ursa Major
last night.  Darrell and Richard also got some observing done and we
chatted for a while before we went back to the scopes.

We did not see the comet, there was a layer of haze to the west and I
think that blocked it off for us.  Joe Goss has put his scope in sleep
mode and we are hoping to wake it up and have it find the comet for us
this evening.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe