[AZ-Observing] Fwd: [Launch Alert] Atlas Launch Scheduled

  • From: Rick Tejera <SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 21:54:40 -0700

This one vould br vidiblr from here.
73
Rick Tejera K7TEJ
Saguaro Astronomy Club
www.saguaroastro.org
Thunderbird Amateur Radio Club
www.w7tbc.org

-------- Original message --------
Subject: [Launch Alert] Atlas Launch Scheduled
From: Launch Alert <launch-alert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Launch Alert <launch-alert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
From: 30th Space Wing Public Affairs, www.vandenberg.af.mil

ATLAS LAUNCH SCHEDULED

VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. - Team Vandenberg is scheduled to launch a
United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket carrying a National Reconnaissance
Office payload from Space Launch Complex-3 here Thursday, Dec. 11, with a
launch window opening at 7:17 p.m. PDT.

Col. Keith Balts, 30th Space Wing commander will be the launch decision
authority.

"Our team and mission partners have put a lot of hard work into preparing
for this important mission for our Nation," said Balts. "We are looking
forward to a safe and successful launch to close out an amazing year."

The 4th Space Launch Squadron is in charge of mission assurance and safety
for this launch operation.

"A launch like this takes teamwork and dedication," said Lt. Col. James
Bodnar, 4th SLS commander.  "Our mission assurance technicians and engineers
have worked hand-in-hand with United Launch Alliance going over critical
procedures and tasks to ensure this launch is a safe and successful one."

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net