[AZ-Observing] Full Moon/Conjunction Grand Canyon Hike

  • From: "Bernie Sanden" <bsanden@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'EVAC'" <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 22:50:25 -0700

My son Ryan is about to leave for a six-month China stay so we took the
opportunity for a full moon hike down the South Kaibab trail in the
Grand Canyon as a final father-son activity before he leaves.  The
Venus-Saturn conjunction was on display so I shot a few landscapes using
my Canon 20D digital SLR.  Also took a few shots with familiar
constellations displayed above the moonlit canyon walls.

Here's the link:

http://www.pbase.com/bsanden/grand_canyon_under_a_full_moon

-Bernie