[AZ-Observing] Comet Pan-STARRS from Chandler 3/13

  • From: Joe Larkin <joeclarkin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 08:17:50 -0700 (PDT)

I got another good view with binocs last night. Looked best in the 9.5x44
Celestrons. Looked okay in my 3" refractor as well. Just about the same as the
previous night, but further from the moon. I showed my wife and older son this
time.

My astronomizing did get me a visit from the police at 1am.

Two nights ago I observed from my roof out a second story window. I left the
screen off lying on the other half of the window. And last night I accidently
left my garage door open. Apparently this looked suspicious so three police
officers with flashlights woke me by banging on the front door. I suspect it
was a slow night for them. I didn't like getting woken up but I did appreciate
that they were out keeping an eye on things.

Joe