[AZ-Observing] Astronomy day at Arizona Science Center - Volunteers needed

  • From: Terri <alienstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:57:17 -0800 (PST)

Happy Tuesday to you!

Your Assistance is needed!!!

I am the Organizer for the scheduled talks as well as for the signup sheet to
nkow who is going to volunteer, so you must tell me if you plan to attend this
event. It doesnt' matter which club you are with, we want a huge turnout and
more support for AStronomy day than it is posible to have. Please consider
volunteering time, scopes, information... and let me know if you are going to
be involved so that I can add you to the list. Thank you for your help!

For those of you who are scheduled, see if your name is on the list below so
you need not respond to this notice.

Volunteers & Speakers for the Astronomy Day Event at the Arizona Science Center
on May 4th & 5th, 2002.

For the Speakers:

Here are some things we need to know ASAP, so we can be prepared and have your
Presentation go as smooth as it can.

* When will you arrive at the Science Center? Day & approximate time?
When you arrive, please check in with receptionist in little office between
food court & Awesome Atoms Store

* What are your A/V needs for your presentation?

* What is the name of your presentation?

* We need the name of everyone who may be attending with you for that day.
Everyone must check in and get a name tag to show they are authorized to be in
the Science Center complentary.

* We also need to know if the times we chose for your presentation are all
right with you.

I do not have you scheduled at this time, and the times are filling in fast.
Please get back to me with your preferred time so i can schedule you. Make your
selection and i will do my best to accomodate those times. Open times are
Saturday May 4th between 11:00 am and 4:30 pm, & Sunday May 5th between 11:00
am and 6:30 pm. Thank you for your patience and understadning. Have a super day!

For Volunteers:

The times you are needed are:

Saturday May 4th between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm

Sunday May 5th between 10:00 am and 9:00 pm

Arrive anytime you like, but let me know your arrival time. I need to know who
will be coming with you as well, because the receptionist (Matt Kohl on
Saturday ? and possibly Amanda Renner or Josie Ripa for Sunday) will be
checking you in and giving you a name badge to get around the Science Center
for free.

Stay as long as you like. For those of you who want to participate, we will be
ordering pizza part way thru the day (both days), everyone will donate a little
to get some pizza brought in. We will have our own eating area, past the
reception desk. And this gives you free access to visit the Science Center
during the day, when you aren?t needed at your posts. I hope to have enough
volunteers that we can take turns. The Finches plan to be there on Saturday
from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and on Sunday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. You are welcome
to be anywhere within those times. The science Center closes at 5:00 pm on
Saturday and 9:00 pm on Sunday (due to observing. The Evening observing will
either be in the Heritage Square which is right out

We need volunteers to watch several tables, help with the telescope display,
help with other displays, talk about telescopes, hand out freebee stuff, as
well as PAS Newsletters, etc.

We also need telescopes for both the indoor display as well as the solar
viewing during the day and the Sunday evening viewing from about 6:30 to 9:00
pm. Have a few volunteers for these items but not enough, yet. Please see the
list below, and if you are not on it and you?d like to be involved, please
email me immediately so that I can schedule your arrival time. You need not
stay all day if you can?t. Stay as long as you can, enjoy the company, have
fun, and leave when you need to. Your help is really appreciated. We want to
make a very huge Astronomy Day impact on the public and get more folk involved
in Astronomy and hopefully PAS.

Here is the list of folk who are helping so far. YOU want to be on this list.

Dan Heim
Leah Sapir
Martin Bonadio (need topic of presentations)
Robin Fergason
Steve Coe
Warren Kutok (Need arrival times and topic of talk)
Mike Marron (need arrival times and title of presentations)
David Lunt
Dennis Young
Trevor Weeks (need arrival times)
Sam Insana
Frank Insana
Gerry Hogan
Paul Schmidtke (need list of who is attending and what time they will arrive)
Peter Wehinger
Elizabeth Bonodio

Anyone not on this list has not been scheduled as of yet. And everyone that is
on this list and future lists is very much appreciated!!! You will be thanked
in a review in the September Newsletter!

Terri

Terri Finch starstuff@xxxxxxxxx WE ARE ALL STAR STUFF !!! Phoenix Astronomical
Society Newsletter Editor: Receive Newsletter FREE for 2 months: send name,
address, & phone: PAS HomePage: http://PASAZ.org : My ICQ #: 11627817: Private
Music Instructor: Homemade Candles: Juice Plus+ Rep: Avon Rep: Handmade
Greeting Cards: Ascent Business Group, Owner: My homepage:
http://EyeInSky.homestead.com/LunaticFringe.html

messages.  Thanks.