[AZ-Observing] Astronomy Ladders - any interest?

  • From: "Mozdzen, Tom J" <tom.j.mozdzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:30:25 -0700

Hi everyone,
I attended the Oregon Star Party this year and discovered astronomer
ladders. Most people had a ladder made from Tallman Ladders.

Tallman Ladders has an astronomer's ladder in either a 6' or 8' version.
http://www.tallmanladders.com/index.htm

If there is sufficient interest, I will order a bulk shipment to get a
quantity discount and a break on shipping.

I need 8 people to order a ladder to get the price of $128 including
shipping and tax. That is for a 6 foot tall ladder. 8 footers are only
$10 more.

This sounds like a lot for a ladder, but consider how much you paid for
your observing chair (-;

Ladder Unique Features:
1. a pole for the back-half support instead of two legs=20
        (see pics at their web site)
2. a wider base for stability, and most importantly
3. a shorter distance between steps (8")

If you are interested or if you know of a cheaper place to get these,
send me an email at:
tjmozdzen@xxxxxxxxx

Tom