[AZ-Observing] Ahwatukee Star Party outreach request - Wednesday, October 3rd

  • From: ZRX-Steve <zrxsteve62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 12:28:45 -0700

I've been asked to do a star party for my church on the evening of
Wednesday, October 3rd.  If you have the time and would like to
participate, I could sure use some more astronomers and telescopes.  Right
now, it's just me, my 12" reflector, and my Mallincam so I could use your
help.
Earlier this year, I did a star party for the church men's retreat at
Christopher Creek and our youth minister asked me do one for the Jr. High,
and High School Kids.  It's a fairly large church, so it should be a decent
crowd.  There are about 60 students total (25 Middle School and 35 High
School).

It's scheduled for the evening of Wednesday, October 3rd.  Setup will be in
the parking lot with observing starting at 7:30 p.m.  Since it's a school
night, I don't think it will last very long, but as with all outreach
events I'll stay as long as there are interested folks.  I'll have some
barriers to cordon off an area for our scopes.     The church is in
Ahwatukee Foothills on the south side of south mountain.

http://www.foothillsbaptist.org/

Foothills Baptist Church
1540 South 21st Street
Phoenix, AZ  85048