[AZ-Observing] Re: AZ Republic front pg - Rare Aurigid Meteor Shower

  • From: russell.gates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:44:40 -0700

Rick,
I'm an EVAC member and one of the photo editors at the Republic. The
Associated Press transmitted your and Joe's photo on their national wire
service. That's where we got it.
Russell Gates
The Arizona Republic
Southeast Valley Community Photo Editor
602-444-7986

Rick Scott <rmscott@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/31/07 04:43 PM
Please respond to
az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[AZ-Observing] Re: AZ Republic front pg - Rare Aurigid Meteor Shower

I thought you may want to know that the photograph on the front page
with the article was taken by Rick Scott and Joe Orman. The AZ Republic
did not notify us that they were going to use it, nor did they give us
the credit for the photograph. Such is life. . .
Rick Scott

astro wrote on 8/31/2007 2:44 PM:

The AZ Republic has on its front page info about the Aurigid meteor
shower.  It tells where and how to observe and keep track of any meteors
seen in real time.

I had presented the article info to AZ breaking news writer Nikki Renner
for her front page write up.

I am up to meeting at Picket post.  What time?

Bill Peters