[AZ-Observing] ALL ARIZONA STAR PARTY OCTOBER 2006

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 03:24:21 -0700

Hi ALL--
Tom and I arrived to the star party on Saturday via a very long short cut
through the ghost town of Sasco. Sasco=SOuthern Arizona Smelting CO.,
population 600, established in 1907, they processed ore from nearby Silverbell
Mine until closing up shop (and their postoffice) in 1919.

We arrived with enough time to take a few folks & scopes photos which are
posted on Tom's P Base Site: http://www.pbase.com/polakis/aasp2006      .

Thanks to EVAC for hosting the star party!

Hoping to see everyone at the same site next Spring for the Messier Marathon.

Jennifer Polakis