[AZ-Observing] ALCON 2010

  • From: "Keith Schlottman" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <taaaforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <haclist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:22:01 -0700

Fellow Astronomers,
the upcoming ALCON 2010 event is coming soon!  Mark your calendars now for
June 25th -27th.

My main purpose for this message is to let you know that the host hotel,
Tucson Hilton East, is rapidly approaching sell-out status for that weekend.

I realize that many of you will not need to stay in the hotel, since you
live in Arizona.  If you do want to stay there in order to more fully enjoy
the event, or if you have out-of-town guests who will be participating, I'd
like to encourage you to make those hotel reservations NOW.  We are doing
our best to make more rooms available but we cannot guarantee they will be.

Also, if you have not submitted your own registration, please take a moment
to get signed up as soon as possible.  This will be a very large event and
only people who have registered will be allowed entry.  If you are
interested in any of the banquets, these are likely to sell out soon as
well, so don't delay!

Note that your registration will actually provide entrance to three major
astronomy conferences:

-Astronomical League's ALCON 2010;

-International Dark Sky Association's Annual General Meeting;

-Lunt Solar Systems Arizona Solar Conference.

We have some outstanding speakers lined up, plenty of quality astronomical
vendors, and observing opportunities.

For more information, visit the official ALCON 2010 website at
http://www.alcon2010.astroleague.org

Clear Skies,

Keith Schlottman

Co-Chairman, ALCON 2010

Vice-President, Tucson Amateur Astronomy Association