<USS Avalon> Welcome Home?!? -- Doctor Roan

  • From: FelicityRoanMO@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:11:28 EDT

WELCOME HOME?!?
--a log by
Doctor Felicity Roan

Felicity sat on her bed and as she turned it on, felt the stress just wash
away with her sonic shower.  She was certainly happy to see their jaunt to the
future over.  She didn't really care what StarFleet HQ had to say.

She had successfully fended off attacks in Medical, assisted in the healing
of many of the crew, prepared the death notices for those not as lucky and
avoided dealing with a lot of the "invaders".

As she prepared for her shift, it hit her like a hangover that wasn't
expected... "FELICITY!  WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?  ARE YOU CRAZY TURNING ME OFF FOR
THAT
LONG.  I'M READY TO...."

"Okay Dylan, calm down.  I'm fine.  Avalon took a slight detour through the
fut..."

"FINE?  YOU CALL DISAPPEARING AND NOT TALKING TO ME FOR OVER THREE MONTHS A
SLIGHT DETOUR?  MOM AND DAD ARE PANICKED..."

"Dylan, what are you talking about three months, we've only been gone a few
days.."

"FELICITY, YOU ARE JUST NOT EVEN FUNNY.  I REMEMBERED YOUR BIRTHDAY THIS
YEAR... YOU COULD HAVE CALL..."

"Dylan, if you don't stop screaming at me, I will turn you off.  As I said,
we were a few hundred years in the future and the time police wanted to serve
us to the antimatter Gods for lunch.  I am not really in the mood for jokes or
your poor mood.  I've been cowering under a desk to avoid being shot, watched
many crew and intruders die, healed a few more than that and now our ship is
docked here at HQ and our Captain is in closed door meetings.  So, if you don't
mind, why don't you tell me what your REAL problem is."

She felt him swallow his words and pause to think.  Dylan wasn't one for
common sense.  "Okay, Freddie, let's try again then.  I have been worried sick
about you... Mom and Dad were informed that your ship was missing and that you
were lost.  When I couldn't sense you, I gave you up for dead.  Three months
later, you reappear and don't even stop to consider the family.  I'm thinking
that you can understand my poor mood."

Felicity couldn't help but laugh, "Dylan.  Had I known that the difference
was three months between the time we left and returned, of course I would have
called you first.  I am sorry that you felt lost without me.  In any case, I'm
back and available for dinner.  I'll go call Mother and Father, you find us a
nice relaxing restarant where I can eat something that isn't replicated and
wine that will go nicely with it and we'll chat.  8 o'clockish sound fair
enough
Dylan?"

He hated her sarcasm and ability to be so damn calm when he wanted to be
angry with her and she knew it and played up to it so he couldn't be angry with
her.  "Felcity, I'll call you at 7:30 to confirm the place.  Please wear
something not so frumpy."

She laughed all the way to the Comm system as she sat down to explain to her
parents that she was alive and well.  They cried more than she would have
expected but nevertheless they were happy and not as upset as Dylan.  They had
come to expect these sorts of things and until they found wreckage, wouldn't
have
given her up for dead.  Dylan was a bit overdramatic.

When he called back at 7:30 to confirm their dinner reservation at the
Viscount in Toronto, he was considerably more calm and relaxed.  Felicity
laughed
the whole evening and tried to keep her encounters at a minimum so as to
neither
bore nor worry her twin more than necessary.

As she returned to the ship to finish the cleanup, she felt better about
having seen Dylan and that he was doing well.  Truth be told, she worried about
him more than he worried about her... but her demeanor would never let her tell
him.

Ahhh, it was good to be back in the past...errr... present.