<USS Avalon> "Things to Write About" by WO Greg Williams

  • From: Elizabeth Bethell <ejbethell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Avalon <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:42:20 +0100 (BST)

There was a sudden crash and a crack from behind the workstation Greg was
setting up.  He glanced up and blanched to see a huge bookcase come swinging
down on top of him.

Not even time to cry for help.  A hand grasped around a few times as the life
was squashed out of him.  His eyes rolled back in his head and he gurgled out
the last of his life's blood...

Note from the author: Just thought I'd end on a cliff hanger.  It has been a
great pleasure to write with you all but I'm afraid it now comes to an end, as
all good things do.  So here I leave you.  It is now entirely up to you how
this story ends.  Is he actually dead?  If he is, was he murdered?  If so, who
did it?  My word, so many possibilities... So many things to write about.

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can
imagine."

 ~~ Sir Arthur Eddington