<USS Avalon> The Meetings

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:01:30 EDT

The Meetings
By Captain Keith Ketchum, Lieutenant Caine Reilly McKinsely,
Lieutenant Anthony Manson, and Junior Lieutenant Alder Shimbrodus

Keith walked from the bridge to his ready room on deck two.  He hoped that
the crew he called would show up.
___________________________

Anthony was already in the captain's ready room. As for Alder, he was behind.
There was a silence that crept in the room; Anthony didn't quite understand
it, but it was a nice change compared to the commotion outside. The doors
wisped opened, and Alder stood in front of the Captain's desk. He glanced at
Anthony, and both had to force a smile down not to be seen to openly.

Keith looked up from his PADD, "Ah, Lieutenants, I hope that I do not keep
you too long from your shore leave, but I had a few things that I need to
address." He looked down at the PADD again.

"Many things do not go un-noticed, on this ship, without my knowledge." He
smiled inwardly.

Anthony looked up, with eyebrows up a little. The second he felt that, he
blinked twice slowly, and managed to get his neutral mask on. Though it wasn't
working as well as he would've liked. Looking at Alder, who looked back,
Anthony, decided to speak up first, "sir?"

"Do not worry, Lieutenants. That is not why I called you here." Turning his
attention to Mr. Shimbrodus, "Alder, you have done your job quite well, for
that I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant." Pushing a box across the
desk containing a new pip, "Congratulations."

Alder smiled, "thank you, sir."

Standing, Keith walked around the desk and started pacing the floor, "Now,
Mr. Manson, what to do with you?"

Keith thought for a moment, "There is but only one thing... ok, I can do more
than one thing."

Taking a deep breath, "Mr. Manson", holding out a box, "Within this contains
three honors that I bestow on you: The Excellence Ribbon for Operations, the
Starfleet Leadership Award, and the Captain's Commendation."

Anthony looked up, "thank you, sir."

Surprised slightly at the lack of response, however, he was sure the
celebration later would be joyous. "Also, Mr. Manson, I hereby promote you to
the rank
of Senior Lieutenant, with all the rights and privileges there to."

The smiled beamed across Anthony’s face. In less than a year being in the
Avalon, never had his career gone this far this quickly. Staying on the
Blackwell
had been...uneventful, he realized that moving here was the best decision he
ever made. "Thank you, sir. I won't let you down."

It was then Alder had added, "We won't let you down." A smile came across his
face with that, and turned into a grin.

"I hope not, Lieutenants, congratulations, now go have a fun shore leave,
after all you deserve it. Dismissed", Keith smiled and slicked his hair back,
another pair of victims, done

Anthony and Alder nodded, heading out with grins etched in. Anthony spoke
first, "where shall we go?"

Alder replied looking a little pooped out at the thought. "Actually, I have
to cover Michaelson tonight. I chose to- she's sick."

Anthony nodded it was late afternoon earth time, "alright. Tomorrow morning
when you’re fully rested, we’ll go somewhere. In the meantime, let’s head
down
to the Station’s restaurants."
___________________________

Caine moved down that hallway, towards Captain Ketchum's ready room.  She was
quite a bit nervous about talking with the Captain again, she never knew what
to expect from the man and that made her worry.  Taking a calming breath, she
rang his door chime and waited patiently for him to answer.

Keith sat at his desk, he looked at the PADD when the chime rang, "Enter",
and the door opened.

Walking in, Caine noticed that not much damage had done to the room and it
still looked very good.  She smiled at Keith as her eyes landed on him.  "You
called for me sir?"

"Yes, Lieutenant, I did... Mr. Sierra has written some things about you, and
your actions on our recent mission, that I wanted to go over with you before
my meetings on Earth."

"Alright sir," she said, nodding and moving further into his ready room, not
expecting to be leaving anytime soon.

Keith looked down at the PADD, "It appears that you have performed admirably
in light of certain situations."  Noticing that she was at Attention and
forgetting his manners, "At ease."

Caine relaxed and took the sit across Keith's desk from him and sat quietly,
waiting for him.

"And I just wanted to take this opportunity, before my meetings with some
Admirals to take some time out to give honors to my crew.  So without putting
you
through too much of an uncomfortable situation in meeting with me, I hereby
promote you to the rank of Senior Lieutenant, with all rights and privileges
there to."  He pushed a box across the desk with the new pip in it,
"Congratulations, Senior Lieutenant."

Caine's mouth fell open slightly as she stared at the box Keith had just slid
across the desk to her.  Blushing over her shock at being promoted, Caine
quickly closed her mouth and smiled up at Captain Ketchum.  "Thank you so much
sir," she said

"Now, go enjoy shoreleave.  Dismissed."

Standing, she grabbed her box and headed for the door, short of it she
stopped and turned to look at Keith.  "You know sir, it seems that every time I
see
you, you're promoting me, not that I'm complaining, just something I noticed."
 Caine smiled at him again.

"Well, it could be worse... I could be demoting you.  Now get out of here,
before I change my mind."  He smiled back.

Caine laughed lightly and waved to him.  "See you later Captain, and don't
forget to relax some yourself, you deserve it.  Besides it's counselor's
orders.
 She winked at him over her shoulder before heading off down the hall and off
to decide what to do with her shore leave.

Keith watched as she left and awaited the next victim.

He looked at the time, the others would have to wait until after shore leave.
 The time to get ready to meet the Admirals had come.  He left a note on the
door if they showed up.

He switched out his uniform jacket and into a fresh one, he walked towards
the transporter room, entering, he advises, "Starfleet Command, San Francisco."