<USS Avalon> Rescue and Insult (JP)

  • From: Raymond Danner III <rdanner3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS Avalon PBeM List <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:50:57 -0500

OOC:
If anyone wants or needs MP3s made of posts, let me know which ones and I'll generate them and send them out to you. Be advised, said MP3s will be 16-bit, 11kHz, mono. (the one for this post is approximately 3.7Mb)

IC:
"Rescue and Insult"
by
Admiral Keith D.C. Ketchum, CPA CinC and CO, /USS Avalon/
Captain Skyler, XO, /USS Avalon/
Lieutenant K'etrall, acting Chief Engineer, /USS Avalon/ **
Lieutenant Alexis Cazook, doctor from SB12, currently aboard /USS Avalon/ **
Lieutenant Moreya, Chief Scientific Studies Officer, /USS Avalon/
Ensign Talea Genot Erridim, incoming Chief of Operations, /USS Avalon/
Sergeant Walker Texas Ranger, Security, /USS Avalon/
Cialra/Claire, MI, Regellian Rescue Corps Shuttle /Baron l'Orange/ **
(if I missed someone, my apologies; star indicates NPC, two for SNPC.)
(SNPC: Special Non-Player Character; run by specific player(s))

Time: Sometime after "Leaving Izar"

Location: /USS Avalon/-C's Bridge
-------
The ship moved through the undocking process without difficulty. The /Avalon/-C was finally on her way. Sitting next to Keith, Skyler wondered what was in store for this new ship and her crew. Looking over at tactical, she wondered if James had gotten a lock on that signal yet. "James, what is the status of that signal?"

James nodded. "Got it locked on. Bringing it in now, to Shuttlebay Two, which has more room for a vessel of its apparent size, ma'am."

Sitting in her chair again, she tapped some buttons on the arm console. "Engineering and Sickbay, this is Captain Skyler. Your presence is required in the shuttlebay immediately!" Standing to leave the Bridge, Skyler looked at Keith. "I will give you an update as soon as I know what is going on." Crossing the Bridge, she entered the lift and made her way to the shuttlebay. Leaning against the wall, she wondered what in the hell was going on.

Alexis Cazook was sitting behind her desk going over crew physicals when she heard the message. Getting up and repositioning her bifocals, she grabbed an emergency medical kit and ran to the nearest lift. "What could be going on in the shuttlebay?" she muttered to herself. K'etrall, the acting Chief Engineer, joined her in the lift. "Any idea what is going on, Lieutenant K'etrall?"

The half Klingon woman looked at the doctor and muttered something indistinguishable. "I have no idea, I was simply minding my own business when I got the call."

As their lift stopped, the two women exited, reaching the shuttlebay doors at the same time as Skyler.

All three waited until the shuttlebay was repressurized before entering. Once the banged-up shuttle was settled into place, the doors opened, allowing the three to enter.

"What the hell kind of shuttle is that?" Skyler asked no one in particular.

Alexis immediately got out her tricorder and started scanning for life signs. She wasn't sure what she would find, considering the condition of the shuttle.

Putting her hand out, Skyler stopped the doctor. "Let's make sure there is no residual radiation or anything else that might contaminate us. Lieutenant, could you please check out the shuttle?"

Before K'etrall could respond, a bay technical crew arrived. "Ma'am? We detected no radiation of any sort from it during tractor ops."

Muttering under her breath, K'etrall commented, "Sure, give me all the dirty work. Check this, do this, fetch this. I'm a Klingon, not some damn pet Targ." Still, she moved closer and her Betazoid half started to sense something.

Skyler looked at the tech. "Did you check it for microbes and other such goodies?"

Ensign Harra chuckled. "Well, not yet, ma'am. We'll get right on it. If I recall my reading correctly, if the life-pod is a full-stasis type, you won't see any life sign until the pod begins to cycle back to normal."

Glaring at the Ensign, Skyler sternly told her to check it out and get the shuttle cycled. "There may be a body in there and I would like to get it out ASAP! That is, of course, if it is okay with you?"

Harra saluted before barking orders to her group, who began working the detail. She commented, "Would help if we get the hatch open first, yes? Preferably without damaging the shuttle." She flashed a quick grin before trying an ancient Terran open code, which was four presses of the green key. There was an instant triple-beep.

One of her crew grumbled, "The text on the ship looks Oriental, but I can read or at least recognize all the Terran Oriental scripts. This I can't make heads or tails out of. Definitely pictographic in nature, though."

Captain Skyler snapped, "Well, is there anyone on your crew who can figure it out? We don't have a great deal of time."

Harra shook her head before she had an idea. "What if..." She then tapped her combadge. "Harra to Sergeant Ranger. Mind coming to Shuttlebay Two?"

One of her co-workers joked, "Maybe it's a tonal key."

One of the others, not amused at all, did the first bar of the /Dragnet/ theme to the shuttle responding with another triple-tone. "What the hell... you might be right, bright boy."

Another, thinking he knew the code now, did the five-tone sequence from /Close Encounters of the Third Kind/ to another triple-tone. "Damn." Nobody had yet noticed the keypad flashing the colors as the notes occurred, either. More than one had noticed the relatively large size of the keys, and wondered why they were so big. The reason was simply the fact that the shuttle class was sometimes used as a rescue vessel or bus for those in spacesuits.

"On my way," Walker responded as he reversed his patrol course and started for the noted bay. Minutes later, he entered the bay and looked around. "You called?"

Skyler looked at the marine as he entered. "You called a marine to figure this out? What about those sounds and lights? What do they mean?"

Ensign Harra waved him over and said in partial explanation, "Know anything about this shuttle-type? Nobody here's ever seen the danged thing, and it's not responding to what would logically be the code to open the outer hatch!" Her tone was beginning to show her aggravation. "Even worse, it seems to also respond to tonal commands!"

Stepping closer, Walker blinked. "What's a Regellian rescue bus doing out this way?"

"A what?" Skyler replied.

"That's one of my people's rescue vessels." Walker stepped closer to the hatch. "Though they have been occasionally used as transports."

Harra shook her head. "Ok. How do you get the darned thing open, then? It responds to all-green with a triple-tone."

Skyler grumbled, "Well, we picked up a distress call saying life support was failing and we don't know how long it's been out there."

Looking to the Captain, Walker asked, "May I?"

Looking back at the marine, Skyler nodded her approval.

Grinning to the group, Walker pressed what he thought was the tune to Beethoven's Fifth, looking confused as it triple-toned as well. Pausing, he stared at the keypad. "Oh, I know what happened." Chuckling, Walker keyed it correctly and the hatch began opening, protesting slightly with several squeaks as it did so.

Skyler muttered darkly, "Okay, so what is so funny about all of this, Sergeant?"

"I didn't say anything, ma'am." Walker looked back to the Captain.

"I believe you chuckled and said quote, "Oh, I know what happened," Sergeant." Her tone was now forbidding.

"I mistyped a command the first time," Walker shrugged.

Skyler doubted him, but she wasn't going to argue at this time. "Ok, Doc. She's all yours."

Harra blinked. "Hey! That's the first four notes Beethoven's Fifth Symphony! Why on Earth would a Regellian vessel respond to that?"

Alexis took her tricorder and began scanning the shuttle. "I am detecting very faint life signs. One humanoid. I won't know much more until we get whoever is in there out."

"You'd have to ask our King and ship designers." Walker shrugged, "It's been that way since well before I was born."

One of the others shrugged. "Guess whoever designed it likes Terran classical music."

Walker grinned and stepped away from the hatch to give it clearance to finish opening. The hatch screeched but opened fully, only to confront them with another, deeper inside the vessel. Harra just grumbled, "Shoulda figured it was an /airlock/!"

Skyler was getting frustrated. "Well, can someone please open the damn airlock already?!"

"Rescue bus," Walker chuckled. "Mainly used for 'suited' rescues or spacewalks, so an airlock is a necessity." He entered and keyed the second hatch. This time, the hatch just opened without any protest at all as the ship's systems recognized it was safe to open both hatches. Unholstering his phaser just in case, Walker held it in-line with his hip as he entered. The interior was almost pitch-black, and nearly twenty degrees colder than the bay, apparently due to the period of not being heated. There was absolutely no sound, other than the sounds of the boarding party's motion.

Poking her head out of the hatch, K'etrall looked at Harra. "You don't happen to have some lights handy, do you?'

Skyler suddenly got a thought. Tapping her combadge, she stated calmly, "Lieutenant Moreya, could you report to the shuttlebay immediately?"

Alexis commented, "And something to warm it up in here."

Harra nodded and turned toward the hatch. "Bill! Grab three handlights! Pass 'em in!" On turning aft, she blinked, uncertain of what she was seeing. She'd suddenly spotted a very, very faint light further aft. "What's that, Sergeant?" What she was seeing was the status display to the right of the active life pod, which was on night-dim mode.

The Captain stated, her vocal tones slightly frosty, "Sergeant Ranger, is it? You seem to know a lot about this craft. Perhaps you could assist in getting it back online?"

Turning, Walker scanned the shuttle, finally spotting the display and what it was attached to. "A life pod?" Arching an eyebrow, he approached it cautiously. 'Wonder why it didn't fire?' Glancing back at the Captain, Walker smiled softly. "I should hope so. I am Regellian. Unfortunately, I don't have a lick of Engineering skill."

Skyler, seeing progress, so attempting to control her impatience, asked, "Do you think you can talk my engineer through the procedure?"

As they worked their way back, Harra tripped over a case, barely catching herself against the bulkhead. Ticked off, she shouted, "Somebody get those blasted handlights in! /Move/!"

K'etrall was inside the shuttle, trying to get used to the darkness and chill. "I haven't seen anything like this before."

"Not likely, but give me a moment and I'll attempt it." Walker continued toward the pod. As the on-scene security officer, he needed to assure the safety of the crew.

Harra tossed over her shoulder, "Sir, it's because the systems are apparently all offline."

When he got to the life pod, there was a muted flash as the window lit, revealing a woman within. Due to the bluish coloration of the light because of the stasis field, it was hard to tell what she actually looked like or even if she were alive.

The shuttlebay door slid open and Moreya entered. Her long legs and quick stride brought her quickly to the damaged shuttle and the people around it. "This is the source of the distress call we received?"

One of the bay crew nodded. "Shuttle's seen better days, but is repairable, I think." He then handed her three handlights. "Mind carrying those in?"

Skyler turned around and looked at Moreya as she entered the shuttle proper. "Yes it is. It is apparently a Regellian life pod. At the moment, everything appears to be offline."

"Actually, Captain, it's a rescue shuttle named the /Baron l'Orange/." Walker gestured to the occupied pod. "/That/ is a life pod."

"What about the crew?" Moreya stepped closer to the life pod that Walker had pointed out.

"Well, can you talk my engineer through opening the life pod or should she try it on her own?"

"Just a moment while I check the viability of the pod itself." Holstering his phaser, Walker walked over to access the display. The moment he touched the display's keypad, the unit chimed, then a lovely voice spoke. "This pod has been active for just over twenty-one Regellian hours." The display showed the energy remaining was 97%, but since the data was in Regellian as well, this wasn't readily apparent to anyone except Walker, unless they noticed the bar that also showed it graphically.

Alexis was pacing and muttering, her bifocals now hanging around her neck. "Someone needs to do something fast, or we may lose whoever is inside, if they aren't already dead."

Moreya tried to match Alexis' pacing and reassure the worried doctor as she recognized the pod-type from her studies. "Don't worry, Doctor. These life pods keep their occupants in stasis. As long as there is energy to the pod, which it looks like there is, whoever is inside is quite safe."

"Status of occupant?" Walker stated softly, wondering if the pod actually had a computer AI.

The same lovely voice stated, "Occupant was alive and reasonably well at the time stasis was initiated."

Harra passed out the other two handlights, then set hers to increase to full over ten seconds before initiating the mini-program with the light pointed to the deck. As the light increased, the fact there were three cases and four duffels was revealed. "So /that/'s what I tripped over!" She was clearly not happy with this new development. More than one noticed a second, unoccupied lifepod on the opposite wall as well.

"Viability of reviving occupant without medical assist?" Walker looked back at Harra's statement. "At least one of those looks like a sword case."

There was a dry chuckle. "A hundred percent, but knowing the code is the key, young man."

Blinking at the AI's audacity, Walker pressed in the sequence as he knew it, for Beethoven's Fifth again.

"Oh, /drat/." There was the sound of a finger-snap. "You /knew/ it." There was another chuckle. "Stand back! Stand back!" The primary response from the pod was a significant lessening and shifting of the color of the light as the stasis field began to fade during the revival process.

"Silly. You should have known I'm Regellian." Walker grinned and stepped back.

Two minutes later, as three others began working on restoring power to the shuttle, the pod chimed loudly in warning, then the hatch clanked before it began to open with a sudden discharge of white vapor as the pressure equalized.

As the hatch locked open, one of those who were working on the shuttle looked back at the pale, pale lady in black who had been revealed. "Dang if she's not an ice princess!" As if in response, there was a deep groan from the lady in the pod.

Skyler turned to look at the tech that had spoken. "Ensign, you will remove yourself from this bay immediately and you will consider yourself on report."

The man looked chagrined, nodded once and edged toward the door with a softly spoken, "Yes ma'am."

A very, very weak voice asked from the pod, "Who rescued?" The words were in Regellian, but everyone detected the anxiety in the tone.

Turning to the pod, Walker replied in the same language, "Peace. You're aboard the Federation vessel /Avalon/." Looking to the Captain, he asked in Federation Standard, "Captain?"

Talea responded in Regellian, "Oh...Creator. Praise the One Creator!" Her voice was still very weak, and there was more than a hint of nausea evident now, but also a strong sense of relief.

Skyler moved closer to the now-open pod. "I am Captain Skyler of the /USS Avalon/. You are aboard a Federation ship. You are safe now and we will make sure that you are taken care of medically as well. Do you require anything special at the moment?"

Talea smiled and responded in Federation Standard that was lightly accented, but with a pleasant sound to it. "Yes. Thank the Creator for that. I was afraid I'd be rescued, and I use the term /lightly/, by slavers... or /worse/." She then said quietly, "The anti-nausea drugs typically administered to those recovering from stasis, but please be careful? Terran anti-nausea drugs would /cause/ it in me." At that moment, the pod injected her in the palm with something and she jumped in surprise. "Creator above!"

"May I ask your name?" Walker looked back to the pod. Best to see how much the person remembered.

Suddenly, as one of the engineering personnel reset three breakers, several systems came up at once. Lights, life-support and the music system all activated at the same instant, with welcome heat flooding into the shuttle's interior.

"Computer, cut music; lower lights to forty-five percent." Walker called quickly. The response was exactly what he'd requested.

She closed her eyes and shuddered delicately before answering, "Tal-- Talea Genot Erridim." The way she pronounced her middle name had a J sound at the beginning and the second syllable emphasized, with the T silent.

So they were on equal footing, Walker smiled and introduced himself before asking his next question. "Walker T. Ranger. What caused your need for stasis?"

She then said, "Last thing I remember is the life-support failure-imminent alarm screaming as the pod activated."

"Check for sensor records," Walker glanced to the group still working on the systems.

She said quietly, "Got hit by something that was fast enough to evade the deflector shields."

"We'll figure it out," Walker pondered for a moment.

She said quietly, "Who called me an ice-princess?" Her voice was still weak, but was slightly stronger now. She didn't dare shake her head, but she then asked, "Someone get my orders PADD out of the pod's storage compartment?" She had heard it click open, but wasn't sure if anyone had noticed yet.

"Never you worry about the comment." Walker smiled and knelt to look through the compartment. "He's already been dealt with."

The fact was, she was so dizzy that she dared not attempt to move. The room seemed to spin madly at the slightest movement. She muttered, "Dizzy. Why so dizzy?" She closed her eyes, which seemed to only intensify the problem, so she hastily opened them again.

Moving closer to the pod, Alexis caught her first sight of the passenger. "I am Doctor Alexis Cazook. I am going to give you something for the dizziness, if that is okay with you?"

Talea almost nodded, but thought better of it just in time. "Yes! I dare not move right now for the dizziness it causes." She hoped the doctor knew Regellians reacted backward from humans with most drugs.

Getting the hypo out of the medikit, Alexis dialed in a combination of glucose and a non-Terran anti-nausea drug. She pressed the hypo against the woman's neck and waited for a response. Meanwhile, Skyler was watching all that had happened and was becoming somewhat impressed with the marine. She didn't dare tell him that, or his head would get even bigger.

Clearing the compartment, Walker held up the PADD. "Got it." Standing, he offered it to the Captain.

To Talea's immense relief, the dizziness faded first to tolerable before it all but disappeared. This told her that food and rest would correct what was left. She then said quietly, "Good. Should contain my entire service jacket and current orders set." She shakily put a palm to her forehead. "Got orders to be in Ops here."

Taking the PADD, Skyler skimmed over it. 'Interesting.' "Talea, it says here that you are to be the new Chief Ops officer onboard this ship. Welcome aboard, even though it was through the most unexpected way possible."

Running her tricorder over Talea, Alexis was trying to get some kind of baseline. "How are you feeling now?"

Talea smiled slightly. "Someone help me up, please?" She was dressed in deep-black RSMC BDUs with the proper First Lieutenant Senior Grade rank bars on the collar of the bright-white turtleneck denoting unassigned personnel. "Much better, thank you, Doctor. I believe food and rest will correct the rest."

"I am sure they will, but if you don't mind, I would prefer if you would come to Sickbay for a more thorough check-up. It won't take long, and the ship isn't leaving Izar's vicinity just yet."

Talea chuckled, a rich sound, before trying to lever herself out of the pod, only to find she didn't have the upper-body strength back yet to do so, even from the thirty-degree back-tilt of the pod. "Blast. Someone help me, please."

Looking at Talea's uniform and back at the orders, it appeared that she was taking a demotion of sorts to serve on the /Avalon/. Skyler said in apology, "If I am not mistaken, your rank on this vessel is going to be Ensign. I know that isn't going to make you all that happy."

K'etrall was standing nearby, so she reached in and used her body strength to help Talea out of the pod. She waited until the woman was steady on her feet before letting go.

Talea shrugged once she was steady again. "Command's decisions don't always make sense. One either accepts this or goes insane from the illogic of some of their more arcane mistakes, Captain. I can and will deal with it." She then bowed to the Klingon woman before saying softly with a genuine smile, "Thank you, Lieutenant." She privately wondered, though, whether she actually had the strength to walk to wherever Sickbay was.

K'etrall bowed as well and replied, "You're welcome." She then returned to examining the shuttle and the pod.

Alexis stood next to Talea and stated, "Computer, two to beam to Sickbay." Before anyone could reply, both Talea and Alexis had disappeared in the beam of the transporter.

Talea, startled by the unexpected beaming, almost reacted incorrectly with a defensive move, but held back by main force, although doing so drained her dangerously once more.

Upon their arrival in Sickbay, Alexis helped Talea onto the nearest biobed, which began to read her life signs. "I am going to give you another injection to help with your dizziness and weakness. I think it is going to take a day or two before you are back to full strength."

Talea nodded. "I fear you are correct. Stasis hurts like the very Pits when you're coming up out of it, too. Why wasn't I told this?" This was more a rhetorical question than one addressed to the doctor, but the tone didn't make this clear.

Doctor Cazook was doing her best to stabilize Talea as she considered the question's answer. "I have no idea why you weren't told about the effects of stasis. However, you will recover in a few days. When you are steadier, I will release you to your quarters. I am afraid that for now, you are going to be a visitor in our Sickbay."

Talea smiled gently at the doctor. "You may be surprised, Doctor. We Regellians heal quickly when we have the energy to do so."

"Actually, Talea, not much surprises me these days. At my age, it seems that I have seen just about everything. I am still going to insist that you spend at least one night in Sickbay. That way I can better monitor your condition and get some baseline information for your file."

Talea smiled. "Very well, Doctor. I am very glad to be in good hands." She, in fact, didn't want to even think of what she would have endured under slavers; it would make even the abuse she had endured at the hands of her father and brothers seem as nothing, and she knew it. Beautiful women rarely went anywhere except the less savory "trades" within the slave trade, after all.

Back in the shuttlebay, Skyler looked at Sergeant Ranger. "Sergeant, I would like to thank you for your assistance in this matter. It would seem that I misjudged you. For that, I apologize. If you could perhaps at some point give me and the Admiral a brief rundown on your species, I would appreciate it."

Walker smiled. "It'd be a pleasure. With your permission, I'd like to try something?"

Skyler looked curiously at him. "What is it that you would like to try?"

Switching to Regellian, so as not to confuse the Starfleet core, Walker called softly, "Computer. What is your designation? Respond in Federation Standard, please."

The MI chuckled. "Cialra, although I /do/ respond to Claire." This was obviously the same voice that had teased Walker about the code.

Walker grinned. "Thank you."

Skyler watched as Walker talked to the computer. She decided she would give it a try and see what would happen. "Claire, exactly where were you headed before you encountered whatever hit you?"

Cialra noted this and responded by appearing through the door, figuring the Captain may prefer to speak to a person. Her avatar was 5' 7" tall and nice-looking, but not beautiful by either Terran or Regellian standards. "We were on course, Lady Captain, for this vessel. The strike merely knocked out all systems, apparently without altering the course of this vessel. I am relieved, as my response and maneuvering systems were knocked out by the hit. All I had left were the subsystems on the pod itself until the problem was fixed."

'This is definitely different,' Skyler thought. "Can you tell what damage was done to you, so that my engineering staff may work to repair you?"

Cialra shrugged slightly. "I cannot be certain at present; some systems I require to be in contact with the proper systems are not yet restored. From the current speed of restoration, it appears that the circuit-breaker box may have been the most affected of all." She then stated, "Many Regellians prefer Terran music, particularly classical-period and early to middle-era rock and roll. Surprises you, I expect." She smiled slightly. "You don't seem as surprised as I expected when I walked in as an avatar. Why is this?"

Looking at Cialra, Skyler replied in an even tone, "How can we go about repairing this breaker box so that your systems can begin restoring themselves?"

Cialra blinked. "Forgive me." She blushed slightly, then said, "Tell the engineering staff to pull breaker number 35-3023; its circuit is now de-energized. Replication of sufficient breakers to replace the damaged ones should suffice."

"Well, Claire, in my time aboard the /Avalon/, I have seen quite a few things stranger than you appearing as an avatar. A ship as different and more advanced than our regular shuttles was bound to have something come popping out of the hatch. It was just a matter of what. Now, had you appeared as a monster or some alien creature, I might have been more shocked."

Cialra started chuckling. "Good thing Talea's not a Mutarian. That may have been a real surprise to you."

Skyler stated, "Lieutenant K'etrall, you heard the woman. Pull breaker 35-3023, replicate the needed parts and reinstall them."

Walker grinned quickly at Cialra's comment, but controlled his features before the Captain noticed.

K'etrall just nodded and proceeded to follow the instructions. Once she had replicated the needed parts, she replaced the damaged breakers, ran her scanner over them and stood back after flipping them to the On positions as Cialra waited for the inevitable question, uncertain this lady would ask it.

"Just what /is/ a Mutarian?" Skyler wasn't sure if she wanted to know, but her curiosity had gotten the best of her.

Cialra felt the circuits make back up in a jolt of near-ecstasy, but recovered quickly after issuing orders to the repair systems she could once more see and hear reports from. "Captain, a Mutarian is a shape shifting being; their native form is that of an octopod with four eyes with full-circle vision. They are not from the Dominion, and, in fact, hate the Founders with a passion far past anything you have ever experienced. They have never explained the reasons." She then said quietly, "Lieutenant K'etrall, all you need do now is place waste materials or debris against the hull where the repair systems can scavenge atoms. Thank you!"

Deciding that the shuttle and its AI were in good hands, Skyler moved off to the side. Tapping her combadge, she called the bridge. "Captain Skyler to Admiral Ketchum. Our new OPS officer has arrived. She is currently in Sickbay under the care of Doctor Cazook. I will be back up to the Bridge to give you a full report shortly."

"Understood, Skyler. I will await your report. Ketchum out."

K'etrall looked at the avatar with dismay. "You want me to repair your shuttle with debris and waste? That doesn't make any sense."

Cialra smiled, shaking her head. "I forget sometimes." She then explained. "This vessel is equipped with nanite-based repair systems that repair down to the atomic level. A vessel with such systems is very difficult indeed to destroy." She then explained. "When the breaker box was damaged, I lost command-control of those systems, and they, by design, shut down." She considered things for a long moment. "Nearly everything seems to be all right. What isn't can be corrected with additional materials for the repair systems to work with."

K'etrall looked around the shuttlebay, located some debris and placed it against the damaged areas. She wasn't sure it would work, but then this entire situation was extremely different.

Cialra appeared in the airlock, which was as far as she dared move without knowing the bay's holoemitter status. "That will certainly help. Thank you." She smiled. As before with Talea, the smile was of genuine appreciation. "You have done me a great service this day, Lieutenant K'etrall. This will not be forgotten."