<USS Avalon> No good deed....

  • From: Rowanna Darkwolf <rowannadarkwolf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 01:53:53 -0700 (PDT)

Luca continued to monitor things as Duarte had instructed him, but didn't open
another hole until the ship started going up around the three marines.

His eyes widened with horror as he realized what was happening. Looking to
Giani for confirmation he got it in the form of an urgent whisper from the
elder boy, "What are you waiting for....get them, Luca. Quick..."

Needing no further encouragement he opened the hole and reached through,
assisted by Tiata and Giani, pulling the three marines back through to them.
The heat of the blast whisked through behind them, focing Luca to close the
hole quickly rather than trying to pull anyone else through. He looked at the
others sadly. "The others are lost..."

"We were not responsible for the others," Tiata responded coldly. "Only these
three. They were there for us. The others would have used us. Or given us back."

Dra'El, the youngest boy, did all he could to tend to first Adrian's wounds, as
his were the more serious, then turning this attention to Chappy. By the time
he was done he was grey with exhaustion and shaking. "Good enough," Giani told
him, helping him to lay down. "They'll be fine with a little time and rest now.
It's time to sleep." The young one didn't argue, instead closing his eyes and
drifting off quickly.

"Um...how..." Carlisle asked when at last she could breathe again.

"Duarte gave us orders. We followed them." Luca stated simply. "We were to
monitor your progress and bring you home if necessary." Shrugging slightly he
added. "It seemed necessary."

"yeah..." Carlisle conceded. "it was....thanks..."

"It will not happen again," Tiata said sullenly. "If we continue to do such
things we will be found. We will not take sides in battle, harming one group or
saving another again. We are not weapons."

Too banged up and exhausted to argue, KC Carlisle just sat on the floor,
leaning her head back against the wall and whispering, "Whatever you say, kid.."

"We should move them out there, to get real treatement by their own medical
people." Giani suggested quietly to the others.

"How...they will notice." Tiata demanded. "they will know we interfered. They
will want to use us."

"too late," Luca frowned, noticing the orderly outside the room looking their
way oddly, noting the newcomers in the room.

"Great," Tiata growled. "Does no good deed go unpunished?"