<USS Avalon> Moving to a New Ship

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:18:23 EDT

Moving to a New  Ship
by Roxie Hart and Veronica  Pageant

Her time on the Georgetown had been, for lack of a  better word, limited.
She was moving on, her stuff was being transferred  including her piano.

The new home was to be the Avalon.  Another  ship, another crew to learn.
Hopefully this crew would decide to throw a  fight in her lounge.

Aboard the transport shuttle, she saw the  ship.  It was huge, great she
thought, more crew to contend with.   Shaking her head, the shuttle pilot made
the
correct changes and flew direct and  true right into the bay.

Veronica Pageant was waiting for the shuttle,  and when Roxie stepped out,
"Ms. Hart, I am Yeoman Pageant, the Captain's  Yeoman.  He asked me to great
you
due to his busy schedule and to escort  you to your quarters or right to the
Lounge."

"Wow, such quick service, I  think I would like to see the Lounge first, then
we'll head off to my  quarters."

"Then if you care to come with me, Petty Officers Montgomery  and Valendrii
will be moving your stuff to however it was marked.   Including, the piano, if
I understood correctly?"

"Yes, it is a personal  memento that I have had for many years, it is
actually from Earth's twentieth  century."

"Wow.  That truely is a collector's piece."  They  entered the turbolift.
"Nine Forward."

The lift shuttled away, "So, the  lounge is on deck nine, instead of ten?"

"Only the Officer's Lounge is on  deck nine.  The All-crew lounge is on deck
twenty-one, which is  larger."

"So, I will be in charge of the Officer's Lounge  then?"

"Of course.  I believe Bobby Woodward is over the other  lounge."

"Well that makes things a little better."

Together they  rode, and finally arrived outside the lounge.  "It is already
keyed to your  bios, unfortunately as being a Non-Officer, it does not work
for  me."

Roxie stepped forward and tapped the panel to open the door,  "Welcome Ms.
Hart", the computer replied and the doors opened.

"I'm sure,  Ms. Pageant, you can come in as my guest, since I am not really
set up, nor open  yet."

"Thank you, Ms. Hart."

"Please, call me  Roxie."

"Roxie", Veronica smiled.

Together they walked in, to the  new lounge and a new friendship.