<USS Avalon> "Home"

  • From: "Melanie Redgrave" <melanieredgrave@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:04:07 -0400

"Home"

Melanie and Vevay Davis

The sea air was warm as she blew through Melanie long dark hair as she and
Vevay walked along the cliffs of Cardiff Wales.  The feel of the warm air
and the sight of her Imzadi pushing their daughter in her carriage made
Melanie laugh brightly. "Do you feel that?" She asked as she wrapped her
arms around Vevay's. "It feels so good here."

Putting the breaks on the carriage, Vevay slipped her arms around Mel and
held her tightly.  "That's what home feels like, love," she told her softly.
"I love it here.  Always have."

Melanie snuggled into her new wife's arms and sighed happily, thought with a
touch of sadness and longing as well. "It's going to be hard to give this up
and go back."

Vevay's eyes drifted out to sea then she sighed too.  "I know.  I wish we
could just move back.  No more moving, no more running.  Just make a home
for ourselves here."

"Then lets stay." Melanie said brightly, yet carefully. "Lets settle here,
make a home for our family. It's close to Mother and to Maggie, yet far
enough for us to have our own lives."

Blinking up at Mel, Vevay let the idea sink in.  "Are you sure you want to
make that kind of a home with me?"

Turning in her Imzadi's arms Melanie kissed her and them smiled. "Would I
have married you if I didn't?"

With a bright grin, Vevay kissed her wife soundly.  "Then let's stay."

Melanie kissed her wife deeply before fishing their daughter from the
carriage. With Vevay's arms around her, and her own around their daughter
she sighed happily. "Welcome home little one."

GIF image