<USS Avalon> Friends and Lovers

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:26:23 EDT

Friends and Lovers
Skyler and Moreya

((Takes Place before current mission))

The picnic had been a  relaxing one. It seemed as if everyone had enjoyed
themselves, especially Tavi.  Skyler wasn't sure if she was nervous or excited
about what might possibly  happen later that night. She had been waiting for
another chance to be with  Moreya, but didn't want to ruin things. She had
never
loved anyone as she did  Moreya, even if it wasn't returned in the same
manner. She knew the Deltan loved  her in her own way.

As they were leaving the holodeck, Skyler turned to  look at Moreya. "I hope
you had an enjoyable time with us? I had a wonderful  time with the two of
you. I have never seen Tavi look so relaxed and happy."

Moreya smiled. "It was lovely. Thank you both for inviting me." Looking  at
Skyler Moreya nodded her head. "I have to make a detour to my quarters, but I
will return to yours shortly."

Skyler had no idea why Moreya would have  to make a detour to her quarters
but she wasn't going to push. She was just  grateful the woman had accepted her
invitation to stay the night. She watched as  Moreya started walking down the
hall and part of her felt a slight twinge that  the Deltan might not return.
She shook that thought out of her mind, and walked  with Tavi back to their
quarters.

When they arrived, Tavi immediately  went to her room and changed into her
night clothes. Her skin was red from the  sun and her eyes were very droopy.
Skyler tucked her in bed and within a few  minutes the girl was asleep.

Before she had time to begin worrying  again, Skyler heard the door chime.
When the door opened, Moreya stood  there, dressed now in the same simple robe
she wore at home.  She had a  small cloth bundle in one hand.  She smiled.
"You see?  I  promised I would not be gone long."

"Come in. I just put Tavi down, and  she went out for the count. I think she
may have over done it a little but she  is entitled. Have a seat." Skyler
walked over to the replicator and ordered two  glasses of tea. Upon her return
she
found Moreya on the couch, with her long  legs curled beneath her. "Thank you
for joining us today. I enjoyed it and I am  sure Tavi did as well." Trying
not to let her nervousness show, she handed  Moreya her tea and sat at the
opposite end of the couch.

Moreya took a  few sips of the tea, then set the glass down.  She held out
the cloth  bundle, unfolding the corners as she spoke.  "I went back to my
quarters  for this," she said.  The outer cloth wrapping was drawn away,
revealing
a  braided loop of cloth, ribbon and beads.  She lifted it up, showing it to
be the size of a headband.  "It's for you.  A traditional gift among  my
people."

"It's beautiful. Thank you so much. I am touched that you  would want to give
something so beautiful to me. It must have taken quite a bit  of work to
make." Taking the headband Skyler placed it on her head. "So, how  does it
look?
I'm sorry I have nothing for you except what is in my heart. I  hope that is
enough?" Skyler fidgeted a little with the headband, not quite sure  what else
to do.

"It is lovely, as you are," Moreya said, sliding across  the couch to sit
next to Skyler.  "And my people have a saying, that a gift  given with thought
of
recompense is no gift at all.  Your heart, my dear,  is a blessing and a gift
beyond price."

Skyler could feel her heart  beating ever faster as Moreya grew closer. She
was at a loss for words or  actions at that precise moment. "You will always
have my heart, Moreya. More  than you will ever know." She slowly reached over
and placed her hand on  Moreya's. "Your skin is as soft as the last time I held
your hand. Very  exquisite hands, I might add."

Moreya smiled, stroking Skyler's hand  with one of her own, and reaching up
to touch the headband with the other.   "It is a representation of you," she
said.  "All the different threads and  fibers, bound together, each one a
little
different."  She breathed out  gently.  She was not a telepath, as Skyler
was, but like all Deltans, she  had a profound empathic talent that was
amplified
by touch.  She employed  that now, opening her mind and her senses, and
making a message as clear to  Skyler as if spoken aloud:  I am open to you.  I
am
open to your will,  and your desire.

Skyler gently placed her free hand against Moreya's  face, tracing the
outline of her jaw and lips with her fingers. She tried to be  as gentle as
possible, letting herself feel Moreya's skin against her hand. She  knew that
being
with Moreya wasn't going to be about sex. It was going to be  about desire,
intimacy and all other emotions that went with it. She didn't want  to rush
into
anything that the Deltan didn't want. It was actually the first  time she had
been afraid or hesitant to make the first move.

Moreya  seemed to understand this.  "I am here because I want to be," she
said,  leaning in and breathing the words into Skyler's ear.  "This is our
moment,  you and I, dear Skyler.  Let your soul free."  She nuzzled Skyler's
neck,
breathing deep and drinking in the other woman's scent like the finest of
wines.

Feeling Moreya's breath against the more sensitive skin of her  neck, Skyler
started to let her nervousness go. Lifting Moreya's head and  cupping her face
in her hands, Skyler looked into the Deltan's eyes. They were  like a window
to her soul, and she could see desire in them. Carefully and  gently Skyler
brushed her lips against the woman's head. She slowly moved her  lips along her
jaw, tasting the sweetness of her skin. Upon reaching her lips,  she hesitated
momentarily, then whispered, "I want to feel all of you. I want to  sense all
there is to sense and feel." She leaned in and gently kissed the  woman's
full lips, hesitantly at first and then with more desire. ~I do hope you  know
what you are getting into, my dear friend. I have wanted this moment for a
very
long time.~

Moreya could feel the emotion behind the kiss, the  longing, the desire long
held back.  It had been like this for a long time;  Moreya knew that when
Skyler gave her heart to another, it was done fully,  without reservations.
Such
generosity was a gift; and the Deltan accepted  it the best way she knew how:
mirroring it with her own.  She returned the  kiss with energy, pulling Skyler
close and holding her for a long moment.   When she at last gently broke the
contact, she stood up.

Skyler watched  as Moreya removed her robe and placed it on the floor. "You
are beautiful,  Moreya." Removing her own attire she took Moreya's hand and led
her to the robe  on the floor. Together they sat facing each other. She
wasn't sure what she  should do next, so she decided would let Moreya take the
lead. Her desire was so  strong she didn't want to push it on the Deltan.

Moreya laughed  softly.  "My dear, I know I speak gently -- but there is no
need to treat  me like a piece of spun glass."  She reached out and took
Skyler's hand,  and began gently tapping the inside of her wrist with a long
finger.
 It  was the first step of a technique she had learned from an ancient human
monastic  order.  They were much more famed for their skill in warfare and
assassination than in the arts of love, but Moreya had found that this practice

was one very few humanoids could resist even if they wanted to.  And she
knew Skyler did not.

With every touch of Moreya's finger on her wrist  Skyler could feel her heart
racing. "I am not trying to treat you like spun  glass, although you are like
a fine wine and should be treated as such. When I  am around you, especially
like this, I lose all sense of what I doing. You have  no idea how much I want
to be with you, but then again you most likely do."  Skyler reached up with
her hand and gently cupped Moreya's face. "Do you know  how much you really
mean to me?"

"As much as it is possible to know  anything," the Deltan answered softly.
With a quick and almost impossibly  graceful motion, she unfolded her legs and
swung them round, encircling Skyler's  lower back.  At the same time, she
caught Skyler's upper arms, then rolled  backward, drawing Skyler down on top
of
her.  "But show me, dear  Skyler.  Show me how much I mean to you."

With her heart pounding  in her ears, Skyler couldn't believe how quickly and
gracefully Moreya had  maneuvered them into their current position. Just
feeling her skin against  Moreya's caused her heart to beat faster.

Placing her hands on either  side of Moreya's face she leaned in and nuzzled
against the Deltan's neck. She  gently kissed her soft skin, letting her
little butterfly kisses trace the  outline of her jaw. Taking her time, Skyler
wanted to feel everything, touch  every part of this beautiful woman. She moved
her lips to Moreya's collar bone,  again tracing it with kisses. Her skin
tasted
sweet yet salty at the same time.  Moving back up she kissed every part of
Moreya's face. From her eyes to the tip  of her nose. When she reached her
mouth, she used her fingers to trace her lips.  Stopping she looked down at
Moreya
as if waiting for permission. When she could  stand it no more, she placed her
lips on the Deltan's and kissed her with a  burning desire she had not known
in a very long time.

Later, when Moreya  stood up and slipped her long robe back on, Skyler had no
idea how much time had  passed.  She was feeling an almost impossible
combination of exhaustion and  energy surging through her body.  She felt
drained yet
invigorated. Never  had she experienced anything as she just had with Moreya.
It was more than she  could've imagined. More than she had hoped for.
Watching Moreya getting dressed  was just as intoxicating. "I hope you are not
leaving my friend?"

"No ...  I'll have to go back to my quarters before my shift begins, but I'm
afraid I'll  need a short nap before then." The Deltan's smile was
mischievous.

Standing, still in her state of undress, Skyler reached out  with her hand.
"I believe I know of a place where a short nap is possible." Her  smile was
just as mischievous.

Moreya took Skyler's hand, indulging herself in a slow, luxuriant  yawn.
"Thank you for a wonderful experience, my dear."

Leading  Moreya to the bedroom Skyler ordered the computer to dim the lights.
Once they  were in the room, with the door closed behind them, Skyler gently
laid Moreya  down on the bed. "I think it should be the other way around. I
should be  thanking you my friend. I felt more tonight than I have in a very
long time.  Because of you." Skyler helped Moreya out of her robe and covered
her
with the  sheets. She then climbed into bed beside her. She covered her with
an arm and  whispered, "Good night my friend. Sleep well."

The Deltan's voice came  back, slow and sleepy.  "And I was right in one
thing, was I not?  You  no longer need to half kill yourself to be able to
feel."

"No my friend,"  Skyler said, with a long, contented sigh.  "No, I don't."