<USS Avalon> Boarding the Avalon

  • From: "Aaron Karr" <aaronkarr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 03:52:37 +0000

Aaron Karr stood for a moment and took one final look at his academy dormitory room. With his duffle bag of belongings slung over his shoulder, he began towards the door. He headed out of the door and into the corridor. He walked swiftfully and confidently, like a Starfleet officer should. After a short walk through the building, he came to one of many transporter rooms. With a familiar swoooosh, the door opened, and then closed behind him.
He nodded towards the transporter operator, "Beam me to the Avalon, please."
"Aye," he replied.
The young ensign stepped up onto the transporter pad. With a final nod, the operator started the transport process. Aaron held his breath, as he always does when beaming. The familar tingling feeling began to encompass his entire body. While the transporter room of the Academy began to dissolve around him, an unfamiliar transporter room simultaniously began to take its place. Within a matter of seconds, it was over.
He exhaled, and took a quick look around.
"I'll never get used to that," he muttered.
"Good morning Ensign," said an unfamiliar voice, "Welcome to the Avalon. I am Yeoman Salsburg, with Information Services. It is a pleasure to meet you."
Aaron stepped off of the tranporter pad and walked towards the Yeoman.
"The pleasure is all mine, Yeoman," said Aaron, firmly shaking Salsburg's hand.
Salsburg smiled.
"Right this way, Ensign" said Salsburg, motioning towards the door.
Together they headed out into the corridor.
"I'm going to show you to your quarters now," said Salsburg.
"Excellent," replied the Ensign.
They entered a turbolift at the end of the corridor.
"Deck 10," said Salsburg. The computer chirped in acknowledgment, and the lift began to move.
"Most of the crew is on shore leave right now, so it's a tad quiet around here," began Salsburg. "You will find it quite comfortable here."
"It's a beautiful ship; I'm proud to be onboard." replied the Ensign.
The turbolift came to a halt, and the doors swooshed open.
"After you," Aaron motioned to the Yeoman.
They walked a short distance down the corridor until they came to a door on the left hand side.
"Well, Ensign, here we are." began Salsburg. She handed Aaron a PADD. "Here is a ship directory. It has everything you will need to know. Once you get yourself settled in, please give me a call and I will give you a tour of the ship."
"Thank you very much, Yeo.. wait, I didn't catch your name."
Salsburg smiled.
"Gloria."
"Thank you, Gloria. You've been great."
The Yeoman nodded, and Aaron stepped into his quarters.
He took a look around. His quarters were far more accomidating than what he was used to. Against the far wall of the room was a twin sized bed. Two small end tables flanked either side of the headboard. There was also a small dining table near the replicator. An armoir built into the wall was also present.
Ensign Karr tossed his duffle bag onto the table. He walked over to the bed and jumped in. He looked up at the ceiling and smiled.
He already felt at home.

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win $1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp