<USS Avalon> Admiralty Meeting – Part 3 - Time away from the Admirals

  • From: CptKetchum@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:36:14 EDT

Admiralty Meeting – Part 3 - Time away from the Admirals
By Captain Keith Ketchum

Keith walked stunned from the office.  They were talking of taking the Avalon
away from him.  No other ship had felt like home.  No other crew like family.
 True, they all had their differences, what family didn’t?  But Avalon had
been under his command for almost seven years.

These Admirals knew what command was like, and what it felt like, I’m sure
when it is taken from you, unwillingly.

They were probably going to demote him and make him some lackey on a
transport frigate.  Or worse, put him in some obscure star base to do stellar
cartography, not like they hadn’t looked at every star possible, already.

As he exited Starfleet Command, the same yeoman from the night before saw
him, “Captain, wanting to go anywhere today, I can arrange transport?”

“No, thank you, Yeoman, today, I think I’ll walk.”

The yeoman nodded and simply walked away.

Keith walked from the Presidio towards Ambassador’s Row, where most of the
lodgings for the Ambassadors were.  When they were on Earth, that is.

He continued on, as took in the sights of the Golden Gate Bridge and the bay.
 Up close.

He was going to enjoy Earth for the rest of the day, since he figured that he
wasn’t going to be back to it for some time.

The events from earlier were playing on his mind as he walked along the
wharf, the sea air blowing across his face.

He walked for hours, finally returning to the ship after it had gotten dark.
 He seemed like he saw the entire city on foot.