<USS Avalon> "Abandoning Ship"

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: avalon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:05:14 EST

"Abandoning Ship"
Cmdr. Skyler

It was happening again and she couldn't believe it. The Avalon was dying  and
everyone had to abandon ship. It was almost as if there was a curse on the
Avalon. This was the second time this ship was being abandoned. Someone or
something did not like the Avalon.

After getting what she thought was all the important items she would need,
Skyler climbed from one deck to another, climbing through jefferies tubes, up
ladders and down ladders until she reached deck 10. Once she reached deck 10,
she maneuvered her way to the shuttlebay where she would find the RA  Arthur.

The Arthur could hold up to 10 passenger's not including the flight crew  and
unlike the other runabouts, this one came with a cloak. Hopefully it
wouldn't be needed. As she entered the Arthur she found Lyta at the helm doing
quick check of all systems.

"Hello, Commander. So far all systems appear to be working. We are ready to
leave when you give the word."

"Thank you Lt. As soon as everyone has arrived we will leave." Skyler
checked her PADD which contained the list of who was to be aboard. There was
Veronica, Lyta, Logan, K'etrall and of course Georgia. She knew Georgia would
be
there momentarily, as would K'etrall. She hoped everyone else would arrive
shortly. The sooner they got off the ship the better. At least this time  it's
not
in a cramped escape pod!!

She thought back the to the last time she had left the Avalon. It had not
been pleasant. In fact it had been hell. Cramped in a little escape pod,
drifting for a few days before finally crashing on some planet. Hopefully this
would not be a repeat of the last time.

"Oks Miss. Skyler, Is here. Is sure is glad wes leavin' in a runabout and
nots an escape pod likes last time.  Last time was no good. Is knows yous
thinkin about it and it weren't your fault then an' it ain't yous fault now."
Georgia found a seat and buckled in while Skyler watched.

"I know Georgia, it's just hard to have to abandon ship  again. Like you said
at least it's not an escape pod. You get  settled while I check on the rest
of the people."

She was thinking about a lot of things. She wasn't sure what shuttle  Melanie
was assigned to. She wished it had been the Arthur but it wasn't.  Hopefully
she and the baby would be okay. She had tried to reach her sister but  had
been unable to. Communication's were sketchy at best. All she could do is  hope
that they would meet up again at the ship yard at Izar. Hopefully they  would
all make it to Izar without difficulty.

"Lt. Michaelson, set a course for the ship yard at Izar. As soon as  everyone
is aboard we will leave."

Lyta nodded her head and started to enter the coordinates. Now all they
could do is wait for the rest of the people and they would be off. Good or bad
they would leave the old Avalon behind and hopefully get a new bigger and
better
 one.

TBC.....