atw: creating a PDF from Word without frames around hyperlinks

  • From: Martin Puchert <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:48:57 +1000

Hi all
Hoping someone might be able to help me here. I need to create a PDF of a
Word document that contains hyperlinks. When I create the PDF from Word
2010 (Save as> PDF) each hyperlink has an ugly black frame around it, but
only when the PDF is viewed in Mac Preview or Safari. When the PDF is
viewed in Acrobat Reader, the frames are not visible.

Apparently there is a setting in the PDF file for borderwidth. Word does
not specify the setting, so the viewer chooses it's own value for it. I'm
wondering whether there a way to force Word to define borderwidth=0.

Cheers
Martin