atw: The Great Economic Recovery?

  • From: MHT <runfox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:09:52 -0500

I just thought I'd share a little sample of Dubya's "economic recovery".
The following is one of the few and far between jobs for tech writers in my
neck of the woods:

Job Description:
Contract Technical Writer - part-time, flexible schedule (flexible as in be
available whenever the employer wants you on board to meet and greet the
clients).
Our client is in immediate need of a Tech Writer with skills and experience
in writing for the web, especially in writing and editing marketing
oriented materials (e.g. product and services information to be displayed
on-line). The Tech Writer will be mostly editing content and only creating
content where key content gaps exist. No web/internet technical skills are
required. Client is located in Minnetonka. This is a short-term project;
approximately 4-6 weeks and 20 hours per week.
The Tech Writer will need to be flexible to meet with business clients when
they are available.

Requirements:
Technical Writer - Previous technical writing experience - Prefer
experience in writing marketing materials and content for
web/internet/intranet - Proficiency with MS Word
Background check and drug test required.

Location:
Minneapolis MN

Duration:
Contract - Open

Pay Rate:
$13.90/hr.

Regards,
MN Mary
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."

                -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich