atw: Structured writing training

  • From: Kirsty.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:36:41 +1000

Hi,
I'm curious to hear from others who have implemented single sourcing or
content management in a smallish team. There are 6 of us who are about to
embark on a single sourcing project, which we are hoping will eventually
encompass a wide range of documents and deliverables. Some of us have had
some form of structured writing or similar training in the past, but not
all of us have.
We will all need to understand structured writing for the project to be
successful. At the moment I'm deliberating whether we'll do something
in-house or try to get someone in to do this kind of training.

Some specific questions that I'd like people to provide their
thoughts/experiences on:
Have you done any structured writing training in-house? If so, what sort
of references did you use?
Have you gotten a training company/trainer in to train on structured
writing? If so, who did you get , and was it worthwhile?

Thanks a lot,
KT

P.S. I'm happy to receive responses directly if you don't want to commit
your response to the archives.

Kirsty Taylor
Editor
delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the
opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of
companies unless expressly stated otherwise.

information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender and delete the transmission. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion