atw: Short-term Sydney role for someone with payroll knowledge

  • From: "Geoffrey Marnell" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:14:09 +1100

Hi austechies,

I'm looking for someone for a knowledge-management exercise, documenting
office procedures for a large payroll department. This is not about
documenting an application, but about documenting the day-to-day operations
of the department. Most of the current knowledge about the operations is
tacit: locked up in the head of the soon-to-retire department manager.So,
I'm looking for someone with very good interpersonal skills who can
diplomatically interview the manager (who happens to be busy most of the
time), extract from him what is relevant, and then document the results (in
words and flowcharts).

This is probably a three-to-four week project, in the centre of Sydney
(George St, near Wynyard Station).

The four most important attributes I'm looking for are:

*       good working knowledge of a typical payroll department (preferably
by having worked in one)
*       outstanding interviewing skills
*       maturity and tact
*       solid documentation experience