atw: Re: writing experience vs. technical writing experience?

  • From: Tempe Macgowan <tempem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:33:15 +1000

Hello all
I'd like some feedback as a beginner in this area of writing please.
Most jobs call for 'x' years of technical writing experience as in say
documenting something or instructional writing.
If one has years of practical writing experience in policy writing for example
but  none in the above, then how do you express
or convince an employer that you can do this kind of work?
Thanks
Tempe