atw: Re: spyware

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:04:19 +1000

As always, Terry, you know that I am more than happy to assist those of my=
=20
colleagues who deserve some assistance.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm so glad that you like AdAware.  Isn't the new version an absolute hoot!

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas

At 19:20 24/8/2004, you wrote:
>Michael G,
>
>Many thanks for directing us to the AdAware site. I've
>been running a paid for, licensed copy of Enigma's Spy
>Hunter and PopUp Stopper software. These had found
>several nasties and 'deleted' them, only to have them
>reappear next visit to the web.
>
>I haven't been on the web since the last purge, yet
>AdAware found hundreds of nasties. I thought I must've
>forgotten to do the purge with the last SH scan. So,
>before quarantining via AdAware, I ran SH again - and
>again, nothing.
>
>I'll be saying goodbye to SpyHunter tonight.
>
>Cheers,
>Terry

Michael Granat =97 Write Ideas*

Plain English Technical Communication.
Advertising Copywriting.
Business Writing.

E-mail:         mailto:writeideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site:               <http://home.pacific.net.au/~megranat/>
Mobile Phone:           0419 502 378
                         (+614 1950 2378 from outside Australia)

*Trading As business #0828673K
  Registered (1987) Corporate Affairs Victoria, Australia.

This E=96mail and any attachments have been virus checked with the latest=20
version of Vet.
For your own peace of mind, please check this again with your own antivirus=
=20
software before
opening any file attachments.

Any and all copyright, proprietary, registered and trademarked names used=20
in this E-mail
and its file attachments are recognized as remaining the property of their=
=20
rightful owners.

This source address of this E-mail is privately owned and must not be=20
onsold or forwarded to any other person, organization or department, or=20
used for any other purpose, promotional or otherwise, excepting for making=
=20
genuine replies to its author regarding its subject and content.

Spam (unsolicited promotional E-mail) is not accepted at this address and=20
any Spam received shall be reported to the relevant authorities and=20
Internet Service Providers for action to be taken against the Spammer.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

E & OE