atw: Re: liability insurance

  • From: Stuart Burnfield <sburnf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:49:37 +0800

Hi Irene. Four years ago I went through Brett Piggott from
Willis Temby. At the time we got quotes from the two companies
he said were interested in this sort of policy. Most other companies
just won't even quote. A couple might quote, but because they
little or no experience in this niche the premiums will be higher to
cover the fact that they can't assess the risk very confidently.

I think we're with CGU at the moment, but the name seems to
change every year as the parent insurance companies merge
and break apart. As the business seems to change from year
to year (and as insurers rethink which types of risk they want to
be involved in) I think you're wise to talk to a broker.

I can thoroughly recommend Brett (08 9474 2233). Other
people may be able to suggest brokers local to you, though as
all my dealings have been by phone, fax or e-mail, I don't think it
matters too much where they're based.
---
Stuart Burnfield