atw: Re: Word's Manage Styles dialog box

  • From: Rhonda Bracey <rhonda.bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 14:11:07 +0800

Hi Howard

In addition to Manage Styles, don't forget to click on the Options button (to
the right of the Manage Styles button on the Styles pane). You can then set to
only show the Recommended styles, for example. And turn off all those
formatting check boxes while you're at it!

Then go to Manage Styles and on the Recommend tab, hide those you don't use
(but are built-in and that you can't delete <grrr>), and try selecting the
check box for 'Show recommended styles only' -- that should narrow your list
somewhat. And change the sort order here and in that earlier Options window to
Alphabetical if you read an alpha list better than one sorted by priority
numbers, which you can never seen on the styles pane anyway!

Some of these suggestions may help, but unfortunately, I don't think you can
delete or even hide those darned built-in table/theme styles. Personally, I
wish Microsoft would put them on a separate tab to get them out of the
paragraph/character styles list.

Rhonda

Rhonda Bracey
rhonda.bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx