atw: Re: Word 97-SR2 Error Reference Source not found (Unclassifie d)

  • From: "Muzrimas, Diana MS" <Diana.Muzrimas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:47:21 +1100

Thanks Chris, but...

Allow Fast Saves is already OFF.
F9 to update fields is not the problem.
I use cross-referencing all the time, and have not had this particular
problem previously. I don't wish to change to Hyperlinks at this point,
unless I have to because of a known glitch.

I would like to determine the combination of elements or processes that I
might be doing that is causing this so as to avoid it in the future.

Already found by
1. Creating a new base document using a very early version of the document
(size 261KB) (before track-changes were enabled).
2. Accepting all the changes in the faulty document (size 15,124KB)
3. Then copying the bulk of text from the 15,124KB document into my new base
document, that my new document is now 305KB.

So believe either the tracked-changes are contributing to the issue,  Or the
combination of tracked changes and Save-as backup files. I note after saving
all changes in the faulting document that it's size did not reduce.

Diana