atw: Re: Windows 7 search

  • From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:59:10 -0400

My current search tool of choice is X1 (www.x1.com).

Disclaimer: When I wrote to X1 to complain about a bug I found, they offered me
a free upgrade at the end of the Pro 7 Beta (which solved the bug – I'm using
it now).

With regard to Windows 7 in general, I am a happy user of Classic Start Menu
(http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/). Not quite like being back at Windows
XP, but if you close your eyes, you can sort of smell the salt air...