atw: Re: Web Text Line Length and Par Length

  • From: "Warren Lewington" <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:25:45 +1000

Hi Matthew.
Here are some guidelines I use when writing for audiences that may have
English as a second language:
One idea, one sentence.
Keep each sentence as short as possible.
Don't shorten anything - so always use: do not, must not, can not, etc.
Oh, plurals can also be an issue too.
Verdana is a nice font to use and 10 point will be okay... Red logo's. That
makes it hard.

Paragraphs for online help I generally don't allow to become large, and
again, I try and separate particular subjects into paragraphs.

wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxx

WJL Consulting.
PO Box 404,
Liverpool, NSW