atw: Re: The book

  • From: "Geoffrey Marnell" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:59:36 +1100

Folks, just to clarify things. I can get my hands on this book quite easily.
(It's in the library at the university at which I teach.) And yes, I know
it's out of date Hedley, but I'm not looking for the definitive contemporary
grammar. Rather, I'm researching how the so-called definitive grammars have
changed over the last 150 years. And that would be a lot easier if I had the
Quirk book on my desk along with the others I am looking at.

Cheers

Geoffrey Marnell
Principal Consultant
Abelard Consulting Pty Ltd