atw: Re: Single Sourcing and RoboHelp X5...

  • From: "Granat, Michael" <Michael.Granat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:25:06 +1100

I gather that Mark K meant to say:

(Just tell me off-list if you'd rather that I don't fix
and re-post these, Mark)

Hi, we're shortly to undertake a major project that
requires WebHelp, printed documentation, and PDF output
using RobHelp X5.

Single sourcing is one of our goals but were unsure which
path to undertake. It appears our choices are:
1. Single source from RoboHelp HTML, producing WebHelp and
then printed material
2  Single source from RoboHelp for Word and then produce
WebHelp 3.

Single Source in RoboHelp HTML and use Word as our HTML
editor?

The flexibility of using Word as an editor is attractive
as well as multi-author support and version control, but I
understand RoboHelp for Word won't support multi-authoring
and version control.

I'm looking for advice on the merits, benefits or pitfalls
of these different approaches. Has anyone been down this
road before? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mark