atw: Re: Short-term Sydney contract; start Monday

  • From: "Geoffrey Marnell" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:29:53 +1100

Hello Peter,

Thanks for sending us your CV...but you had to be quick for this one. My
direct client for this job is in Houston, Texas, and he wanted to finalise
matters before he went home for the day. I sent him 3 CVs at 3.30 (10.30 PM
his time) and he made a decision within 30 minutes. No interviews; no
referee checks. That's rare indeed, but it's DIA (Different in America).

Anyway, I'll add your details to our resources database and be in touch
again when other suitable contracts arise.

Cheers

Geoffrey Marnell
Principal Consultant
Abelard Consulting Pty Ltd