atw: Re: SEC: UNCLASSIFIED Naming cars (WAS Offshoring: Don't shoot the messenger)

  • From: "Peter G. Martin" <peter.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Elizabeth Fullerton <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:00:11 +1000

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:35:10 +1000, Elizabeth Fullerton wrote:
>=A0I want to know where the Kenyan brand of washing powder "Toss" came
>=A0from... (yes, it is sold in pots...)
>

>>=A0Let's face it, where on Earth did the brands "Kit Kat" and "Omo"
>>=A0come
>>
>=A0from?

Some of the best product names are cases of mad coincidence..

Not that I know anyone took advantage of it, but one interesting commercial=
 opportunity
arose in Papua-New Guinea when the wowsers ran a campaign for a referendum=
 to ban beer with pictures
of a glass of beer under the heading "Say NO!"

Success of the campaign was indicated to some extent by the large numbers of=
 people
who went into the local bar asking for a glass of No....

-Peter G. Martin,
Technical writer, Proxima Technology