atw: Re: RoboHelp for FrameMaker

  • From: "Warren Lewington" <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:37:26 +1000

Yeah my experience with X3 was you import and create from the import an
entire base line help system. I cannot tell you what it did to FrameMaker
files, although it did a good job with word files (I would hazard a guess at
describing it as an 'excellent' job but won't lay a reputation on that).

You then output from RH, using it as a form of single source software. I
never tried that either, although it was good enough to probably do a
reasonable job.
I think we had a demo version which had cut down output etc.
I'm not sure, in any case, we purchased X3 soon after.