atw: Re: Recruitment consultants

  • From: "Michael Lewis" <mlewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:14:01 +1000

Bruce Ashley:

> I couldn't see the relevance or anything salut-a-ry in the post either but
> thought it may have just been my suffering from the dreaded Monday-morning
> eye syndrome. It usually takes until lunch time for my eyes to come into
> focus for the week.

I thought that perhaps Christine was offering a reflection on the parlous
state of the recruitment business. If consultants are paid $17 per hour, can
we wonder that they don't fully understand the complexities of the Technical
Communicator's world?

In other words, no wonder job ads for TWs are often unrealistic; the people
who should be helping employers put together sensible job specs don't have a
clue themselves.

Michael Lewis

Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia
http://www.brandle.com.au