atw: Re: O.T. Brainwave - Finding how drivers think... or don't think!

  • From: "Michael Granat" <mgranat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:22:23 +1000

From that Stanza, Wazza (L) it sounds like you're not feeling
too Sunny about their products. ;-)

Sounds like, after that experience, you need a 24oz glass of spirits,
maybe even a 26oz or 28oz.

You might well recall that the Nissan 200B was originally reviewed
here in Oz (by Modern Motor, I think) as being a 180B with 20
more mistakes.  (B being for "ballsups".)

Funny car.  It (and the Bluebird that followed) used to die driving into
bends in one direction (right-hand bends I think) as the fuel drained
away from the carby.  Just ploughed straight ahead at speed with
no engine assistance.  Very disconcerting and Nissan Australia
was never able to fix it.

...as for the 120Y - Why indeed?  Horrid little things.

Even worse as an auto.  Almost as much power as a toddler on a tricycle.

Still, I hear that the 120Y motors made a good changeover unit for the Mo=
rris Minor 1000 A series engine, of which they were a copy,

You just don't know what you're missin' if you haven't driven a 1970s Nis=
san!

Cheers,

Michael

Michael E. Granat