atw: Re: Modern handling of doc change records etc

  • From: Anne Casey <writan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:12:53 +1000

At 04:17 PM 30/06/2009, you wrote:
Is it just me ? Why isn't this a lay-down misere? I suspect the answer is that tech writers are really masochists. (Or, at heart, scribes. With quills. Who like nice tables and things. )

-PeterM

At a recent contract, my line manager was scathing when I suggested we should be using the document management system that the organisation already owned. Apparently, my only tasks were to type, and shut up.

For many of us, that's possibly your answer.

Anne