atw: Re: Market Testing

  • From: "Clarke, Brian" <clarkeba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:29:53 +1000

Hi Tony,

Not entirely true.

Market testing is done with contractors of all shades - temporary,
permanent, part-time, full-time, hot-desking, job-sharing, public,
private, etc - but seldom in co-ops, family businesses and voluntary
organisations.

WRT to efficiency in the APS - this is meant to work to the taxpayers'
advantage - not just the innards of some PS department. I see Equity as
a populist sop - appears to fit in with the current PC view of helping
the naturally disadvantaged - but it is antithetical to peak
performance.

Yes, I will have a good day - and the same to you, Tony.

Regards,

Brian.

Tony said:

If we were talking about full time APS roles you might have a point. But
we're talking about contractors here. The efficiency works within the
department(s), the equity is directed outward into the community.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment/s may be privileged
and confidential and are intended for the recipient designated only. If you
have received this e-mail in error, do not use, disseminate, distribute, or
copy this e-mail and any attachment/s. However, please notify us either on
telephone +612 9684 7777 or the sender via return e-mail and delete all copies
of this transmission together with any attachment/s.

Mitsubishi Electric Australia Pty. Ltd. has implemented anti-virus software,
and whilst all care is taken, it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure
that any attachments are scanned for viruses prior to use.