atw: Re: Is it just me?

  • From: Bill Parker <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 07:01:02 +0800

I thought I might ask Shufra.  Here is their prompt response.

----------------------
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your message.

Although it would not have been my choice, "safety" is indeed a verb in STE
and widely used as such in aerospace. In other industries, we certainly
suggest that it should be changed into "secure".

As to the word "turnbuckle", please see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnbuckle.

Best regards,

Frans"