atw: Re: Internal tech doc tool

  • From: Stuart Burnfield <slb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austechwriter <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 14:08:00 +0800 (WST)

Lars said:
> We apparently have a Confluence installation here (or had one that
> I can probably revive). We also use JIRA for bugs, so that's a plus.
>
> Did you have to customize it, or did it seem pretty good out of the box?

I was going to say that Confluence has a Documentation theme or page template
that you could use as-is or customize, but I just saw this:

Advance warning of plans to merge Documentation theme with the default theme

This is an advance notice that we plan to merge the functionality of the
Confluence Documentation theme with the Confluence default theme. We do not yet
have a specific date for this plan, and we are interested in your feedback. The
new default theme, to be introduced in Confluence 5.0, includes a sidebar with
contextual navigation. (For a preview, see the Confluence 5.0-m9 release notes
.) Our plan is to include all the features of the Documentation theme into the
default theme, and then remove the Documentation theme from Confluence.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Documentation+Theme

This page follows the Documentation theme (left navigation pane, within-page
TOC, 'related topics' links, etc.), so it should give you an idea of whether
Confluence meets your needs, Lars.

Stuart