atw: Re: Industrial Relations Issues

  • From: "Christine Kent" <christine_kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:59:30 +1100

My guess is that there will also be some kind of government body that can
help.

You might want to contact DEWR.  They have a division for claiming lost
superannuation entitlements et al resulting from company bankruptcies, so I
am guessing that they have something suitable for unpaid wages.  If you
search around  HYPERLINK "http://www.dewr.gov.au/"http://www.dewr.gov.au/ to
find an number to call, then just start asking who is the right person to
talk to until you find them.

If you can’t get free help, then try Slater and Gordon if they exist in WA.
They will give free advice, and they are traditionally the trade union
lawyers who do “no win, no pay”  actions.

ck