atw: Re: Help for DQoNCg0KDQo+IEJ5IHRoZSB3YXks emails

  • From: "nigeldawes" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:14:54 +1100

###

##### In agreement

###### Brian.

=20000000

-----Original Message-----
From: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Brian Clarke
Sent: Friday, 18 February 2005 5:08 PM
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: Re: Help for DQoNCg0KDQo+IEJ5IHRoZSB3YXks
emails

Hi Deborah,
I think you are being overly sensitive. All the
comments I have seen
have been light-hearted.

While I can sympathise with the underdog, we have seen
this problem
several times before. If, instead of merely pressing
Send and then
walking away, we actually looked at the message
reflected back to
us, we would surely notice that something wasn't
working properly.

In this case, there have been at least two messages
from the same
sender in the same kind of code, that have not been
clarified.

I have left your message intact so you can see that you
have picked
up the odd equals sign and the odd '=20'. Do you think
the problem
may be in the reflector? Or, could it be somewhere
else?

Also, there was no need to leave the whole of the
unclarified
message and all the tails attached to your message.
There are
hundreds of subscribers to this list - each extra
unnecessary
character you leave there gets multiplied by hundreds
at the ISP
level, taking up spectrum. And some of us pay for
downloads.
Please trim.

Brian.
  Deborah said:

  Why is it that whenever someone has trouble posting
to the list we get a =
  whole series of smart comments? =20
  Not a really friendly, welcoming atmosphere is it?

  I am going to assume that some helpful people have
responded to Stuart =
  off list with assistance.
  I can't remember the exact way to fix it, but it has
something to do =
  with your email sending out in a format freelists
doesn't understand.  =
  You need to change to Format|Encoding|Western
European (ISO)=20
  make sure UTF8 Compliant is not selected.

  You want to be sending to the list as plain text, not
Microsoft based or =
  rich text or HTML.

  Some people have had trouble changing their settings
in a corporate =
  environment and had to ask for help from their IT
support staff.

    ----- Original Message -----=20