atw: Re: Detrain? (plus a tip to save my TW soul)

  • From: Craig Hadden <craig_john_hadden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: atw <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 11:11:34 +1000 (EST)

Petra wrote:
> detrain sounds officious yet disembark, which is
> the exact equivalent for a boat, ...

Surely something like "disemboat" is the equivalent
:->

Or perhaps "disembowel" would be appropriate for
people who come from deep within the belly of the
ship.

Naomi, you really opened the flood-gates! (Visualise a
packed commuter train emptying.)

Now, to save my soul [*] and (hopefully) our
collective sanity, here's a tip:

To display more (or fewer) column headings in Details
view in Windows Explorer, right-click on a heading and
either choose a heading from the list or click More to
open a list of all available headings. (Latter is
equivalent to choosing View > Choose Details.)

[*] This message works on the principle that
contributions to unduly long threads are OK if they
also provide some content of value. That's my theory,
anyway. (About 18 months ago, after an absurdly long
thread on spelling, Adrian wrote: "a lesson in
psychology... dont raise issues everybody has an
opinion about". Sounds right to me.
//www.freelists.org/archives/austechwriter/06-2003/msg00427.html))

Regards,
Craig