atw: Re: Dealing with SMEs?

  • From: "Jill Nicholson" <jpnicho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:43:54 +1100

Make an appointment for the same time each day - whenever it suits them. I found 4 oclock was often a good time - don't bug them at irregular times and intervals as they also have work to do. Use a tape recorder so you can play back the conversation at your leisure. You will have to ask about this but most SMEs don't mind.

If logistically possible it is better to be face to face than use email.
Draw yourself lots of digrams - it often helps you understand what belongs where etc.
Good Luck
Jill

Jill Nicholson
N&H Communications