atw: Re: Cell Padding in Excel - more

  • From: "bja" <moo-man@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:25:06 +1100

Hi Howard.

Cell padding is the space between the cell walls and the text. In many
packages you can define this for left, right, top and bottom.

In both Word and FrameMaker these are called cell margins.

This ability has always been something sought after by many users of Excel
so when I found these anomolies by accident I got all excited for a second
or two until I realised it was probably just a bug. As such, I just wondered
if anyone knew anything about this unexpected situation or a definitive
cause that can be avoided.

As I later said, it was just something I came across, queried and have since
moved on from. :)

Cheers,

Bruce

  _____