atw: Powerpoint to Web

  • From: "Deborah Cross" <Deborah.Cross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austechwriter \(E-mail\)" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 12:25:02 +1000

Greetings All,

I'm looking for some ideas on a PowerPoint problem.

We have a series of training packages developed in PowerPoint and we need to
get them on the web.  Even though all the staff here have PowerPoint, the
client would like the packages to be in a web format like HTML or Flash.  The
packages contain PowerPoint "action buttons" that do things like jump to
another slide and open a URL etc.

I can use the inbuilt Save as HTML feature, but then I end up with something
that has frames and a whole folder of supporting files that are needed.

I can import the slideshow into Macromedia Captivate, but then the action
buttons don't work and they'd have to be rebuilt.

Saving as PDF gives a pretty unusable result too.

So - has anyone done this sort of thing successfully before?  Does anyone know
of a free (or very cheap) tool that would convert PowerPoint slides to Flash or
HTML without frames?

TIA.  Deborah :)