atw: Lost tip: emails 'period-doubling'

  • From: "Matilda Reich" <matildar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:41:44 +1000

Hello all,
Months ago someone posted a tip about emails which are doubled or trippled when
down-loading using dial-up.  This is happening to me....not all email, just
random ones.
I thought this could happen when your line drops mid-way through a download and
when you immediately dial-up again. But this happens to me regardless, I even
get back-dated emails (up to two weeks old) coming in as new mail (stuff which
is still in my Inbox as 'read' mail).

This morning I downloaded my email and only one email was repeated - but ten
times?!??

I've tried downloading my new mail using webmail first, but no difference.

I wish I had kept this tip, maybe someone remembers it.

What's going on?

Matilda Reich
Tel: 9371 7242
Mob: 0412 866 368